This wonderful Friday morning was wonderful at Petra, thank you everyone who came out. We had some guys walking around with heavy backpacks for some brutal miles and the rest of us booted up on our side of the gloom.
1. Slow cherry pickers (IC) to stretch a bit
2. 25 SSH (IC)
3. 25 LBCs
4. 10 burpess OYO
5. Lap around the whole parking lot, meet in front of AirPlay after completing the lap.
1. Circle up for merkins, various ab moves (IC)
2. While in ab mode, 6 inches arms w/out to side and go into Moroccan night clubs ( I call these Moroccan hangovers, fwiw)
3. Go to the front of the building and line up. Lean on to the building and hold down. Follow up/down calls until failure.
4. Erkins in the same position, until failure (IC)
5. Lap around the parking lot again with 15 merkins in each corner
6. Back to building, line up in chair hold. 10 count by each HIM while we all hold position together.
7. BCCD (Boomer Calf-raise Circle of Death) You circle up as in COT, each HIM counts calf raises IC to 7 and it goes around the whole circle
8. Various plank work
9. Epic Lucky Charm mumble chatter to spur everyone on
10. More ab work
11. Lots of lower back work (that thing where you lay on the ground and raise up you legs and arms (IC) ), whatever it’s called.
12. 30 Overhead claps (IC)
As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
14 For he knows our frame;[a]
he remembers that we are dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass;
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16 for the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
and its place knows it no more.
17 But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him,
and his righteousness to children’s children,
We make a mark because God has already marked our Identity as His sons. For those of us who have surrendered our lives to our perfect, heavenly Father through the cross of Jesus Christ. We are marked by His finished work. It is finished. Do you and I really believe that and walk in that day in/day out? I am not consistent, I still want to earn my Father’s approval and earn His grace. God our father uses familial language throughout the entire Bible. He’s our Dad, who loves His messed up, jacked up kids who constantly run away and choose anything but Him. You and I can’t earn God’s love, acceptance or favor but we can determine the health of the relationship. If we spend time with Him, honor His word and presence in our lives by loving Him and obeying Him (the result of God’s love (see John 14:15). This is called the “fear of the Lord” in the bible. He has compassion on us (verse 13) He knows us, our needs both spiritual and physical and the number of our days (verse 14-16).
We will not be remembered forever. You and I will last for about 5 generations at most. I know my great-great grandfather’s name (Uulan Shook…dude, I know) and very little about him. What mark can you leave?
The legacy of Identity.
Do you believe that you are God’s child (John 1:12), Christ’s friend (John 15:15), united with the Lord (1 Corinthians 6:17), Been bought with a price (1 Cornthinas 6:20) Been adopted into God’s family (Ephesians 1:5), Have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18) Completely redeemed and forgiven no matter what (Colossians 1:14), established, anointed and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21), a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20)? I could go one and on and on. Let’s speak this truth to each other to combat the daily onslaught of lies the world and Satan tells us all day, every day.
Love to all,