SSH + MNC + Overhead claps and some mosey-ing
Mosey to NWHS parking lot for partner work behind the school
1. Mosey to fence and back while partner does Burpees
2. Mosey to fence and back while partner does squats
3. Mosey to fence and back while partner does Merkins
Run a lap around front ares of ATC
Killer calf raise circle – circle up tight and each man count 10 calf raises going around the circle without stopping
Overhead clap circle – each man count 10 over head claps going around the circle without stopping
Ab lab stuff
Let each man call an exercise
Named FNG, welcome brother!
The 3rd F—Fear
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons[f] of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
- Led by the Spirit…are you? To be led requires humility & submission…you and I are not in charge of our own lives. Are there areas in our lives that we are resisting the leading of God?
- With God we have a Father/son relationship. The only other choice than a son of God is a son of Satan, which is a Master/slave relationship. A fearful life can denote the later. Fear is the opposite of faith. Where is there fear in your life? Your heavenly father does not want you to live in fear, we’re called to fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12), not the enemy (Exodus 14:14). Take it to your heavenly Father in honest prayer, surrender and quit trying to manage (control) things. When I actually do this, the peace of God is there and is wonderful.
- I shared a breif testimony where I was trying to manage some difficult circumstances in my home within my marriage and children and it wasn’t going well. I was afraid of the outcome so I was trying to control my family and that really wasn’t going well. I didn’t want to deal with reality so I was escaping by watching TV at night after everyone was down and self-medicating with food by eating when I wasn’t hungry. I’m working way too hard with my F3 brothers 5 or 6 days a weeks to stay at zero. The cycle was unmanageable and it was having a severe effect on me. God finally gave me the wisdom and strength to be honest with him in prayer and surrender. The fear melted away, as the devil’s grip on my life was banished by the loving presence of the Lord.
- Abba “Daddy” denotes Intimate relationship via honesty in prayer and time together building relationship. You can pray for circumstances to change but God wants to heal what’s underneath. The fear, the hurt, the sin, the anger, the bitterness. He’s after your holiness & freedom, not necessarily your comfort. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you pray & sometimes it helps me to just write my prayers out when I find it hard to talk. Just get it out, he is there in it. We don’t have to be formal, or even well organized because, guess what, God already knows! Again, our perfect heavenly Father is after intimacy with each of us. Your past, your family, your current fear(s) will only determine your future if you give it the power to do so.
- Remember who you are and whose you are…and believe it! Identity…You are a son of God. This is all that will pass into eternity. You are His and He is yours. Ask the Holy Spirit daily to reveal this truth deep into your heart.
- How’s your relationship with the Holy Spirit? He is there and you can talk to/with the third member of the Holy Trinity.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
We live in a world of therapeutic terms. The world tells us to manage, cope, deal with it, it is what it is, suck it up, roll with it as if we can do it on our own. Today the #1 prescription mediation in the US is anti-depressants. We have more counselors, therapists, Celebrate Recovery groups, 12 step programs and support groups here in the land of the free. And the US is one of the highest rankings countries of emotional disorders and mental issues.
If there is stress, anxiety, self-confidence issues, concern, anger, bitterness, hurt that we’re choosing to carry, we haven’t been perfected in love and we need the Holy Spirit to do that work in our souls, ask!
Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
Sometimes the last thing you and I want to do is praise God. Sometimes lifting your hands in praise hurts and takes serious effort. This was the purpose behind all the overhead claps. We are told to bring a sacrifice of praise (Psalm 49:14-16 & Hebrews 13:15). A sacrifice is just that, a giving of ourselves even when we don’t feel like it or want to.
Dealing with fear? Psalm 91 is one of my favorite Psalms to read out loud when I sense fear or an attack of the enemy in my life. Read this to yourself & to your family this week. Repent of choosing to carry fear/anger/bitterness/unforgiveness and ask your perfect heavenly Father to do what only He can do in your relationship with Him, in your life and the life of those you love.
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say[a] to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only look with your eyes
and see the recompense of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge[b]—
10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
12 On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
15 When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”