Good conditions this morning…cool, but not cold, great running weather.
- Right over left (10 count)
- Left over right (10 count)
- “Top Gun” themed exercise: The Charlie – (10 count plank, 10 count honeymooner, 10 count plank).
Mosey to flag pole, where Polymer led us in the pledge.
- The Goose – Duck walk for 5 parking spaces, moving up into a squat at each line.
Mosey around to bottom of the Winthrop Amphitheater.
- The Iceman – Bear Crawl to top, with ascending merkins on each step (1 at the bottom, 18 by the top).
- Quick talk about defeating the Jesters in our life – sins of the flesh that keep HIM from reaching Acceleration (apologies to our own Jester who was with us).
- The Air Boss – shuttle runs down the amphitheater levels, with a sprint on the bottom level (our fly-by, as it may be)
Mosey to loading dock.
- Great Balls (to the wall) of Fire – Assume Balls to the Wall position. Merkin every time Jerry Lee Lewis Says “great balls of fire” as song plays.
- The CAG – Australian Mountain Climbers (10x, suggested by RipStik, who conveniently skipped the workout)
Mosey to bottom of hill
- Talk about VAPE (Vision, Articulation, Persuasion, Exhortation) for HIM’s (Viper as leader, VAPE, Viper…)
- Partner exercise – the Cougar – One partner does Finkle Swings at bottom of hill while other partner Nurs up and Runs down – Rinse and Repeat until “Highway to the Danger Zone” quits playing
Mosey back to AO
- The Maverick (Prison Cell Merkins 14x) Because only a prison cell merkin is as crazy as Maverick
- American Hammers (14X)
- LBCs (14X Cadence)
End with COT
Loved the opportunity to lead this morning, even though I woke up congested and felt like crap. Decided to theme my Q after Top Gun, because why not? Wanted to make sure that I got some words of wisdom in instead of just a workout, and I hope I succeeded. It was a pleasure to lead a group of HIM’s today.