Just flat out honored to have been asked by Van damme to become site Q for the Independence site. This AO is near and dear to my heart and has been made great again by past site Q’s. Van damme met us early to pass the flag and then head home to prepare for surgery…but not before we brought him into the middle of a prayer circle with emphasis on excellence from the surgical team and quick recovery by our brother. As is the case for all of us…our families need us and in our quest for fitness we are preparing ourselves for their need.
- 15 SSH IC
- 10 IW IC
- 10HW IC
- 10 MNC IC
- 10 Abe Vigoda style wind mills IC
- 10 Cherry Pickers IC
- Mosey to the flag and had veterans White Hat and Red October lead us in the pledge. (and this is why this is a great AO)
- Mosey to the hill by the amphitheater for a little 7’s action after planking for the six. Merkins at the bottom and squats at the top.
- Quick Dysfunctional Comfort share to the Pax…i.e. my dysfunctional behavior on Sunday was leading to my comfort in fart sacking on Mondays. No more…I am my brothers keeper and this site will be one of many reasons I step out of my comfort zone.
- Mosey to the nearest step of ugly multiple level stairs and have a quick 10 count. Asked Pax to look at stairs and then explained this was a P200 friendly zone so we turned to the baby steps. Had Pax partner up while partner 1 ran steps partner 2 does LBCs, rinse and repeat American Hammers, rinse and repeat 6 inches, rinse and repeat Rosalitas.
- Mosey to Hardin Family Garden and had Pax look at the other ugly multiple level stairs before letting them know I had more baby steps (6 sets) for them to wind their way up and down while their partner does dips, rinse and repeat Erkins, rinse and repeat Derkins, rinse and repeat Merkins.
- I then had Pax line up behind myself and Atticus and explained we were going to mosey back to the COT the long way. A quick time check called for an Omaha…short cut back to AO for the COT with emphasis on the six.
I was really proud of how the Pax took care of the six today…often when Q’ing I have blinders on but this group of men needed no urging to do what we do best. Announcements were announces (P200 Paint Party this Saturday if you are not running… See pre-blast and news letter). Prayers went out both spoken and unspoken and He was lifted.
Smiley Face out!